Billy's Weight Loss Tracker

Teanne's Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Plyometrics

"The Mother" of all workouts! The warm up feels like an exercise in itself, then the whole way through I feel like I'm pushing, pushing, pushing. 20 min. into it I'm thinking "We still got 40 min. left?!?" When we were half way I thought I might just collapse, but I kept going. He does so many variety of moves and most of them you do for 30 sec at a time. He says "You can do anything for 30 seconds!" We kept going, kept going and kept going and we made it! Each time I finish this I almost can't believe I made it all the way through.
OK, let me tell you I have never seen so many varieties of squats, jumps, and lunges in my life. He'll do a jump squat (where you squat and then jump), followed by run stance (where you get in a runners stance w/ the toe of the front foot aligned w/ the heel of the back foot, you squat, leap up, twist to the other side and repeat over and over again), then airborne heisman, followed by swing kicks... repeat the sequence..
next sequence: squat reach jump, run stance squat switch pick-up, double airborne heisman, circle run, repeat sequence...
next sequence: jump knee tuck, mary katherine lunge, leapfrog squat, twist combo, repeat sequence...
and there's 3 more sequences w/ other jumps, squats and hopping around. Oh there's also jumping jacks, running in place, leaping... yeah LOTS of cardio! Heart rate is up the WHOLE time!
This is probably the hardest one but it feels good when your done b/c you've just completed the hardest one.
I think we burned a couple calories...

No comments: