Billy's Weight Loss Tracker

Teanne's Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yesterday's workout: Chest & Back/ Ab Ripper X

I'm going to try real quick every day to let you all know about the work outs every day, and how I felt.
So last night we did Chest and Back which involves A LOT of push ups and pull ups! I mean a lot, where you wonder- When is it going to stop?
But it was so cool last night b/c I realized how far I've come since the first time we did this.
The first time we did this I was trying to do 2-5 pushups every time (and that's girly style) and my form sucked. I had a really hard time going chest first and having good form. But last night my goal was 10+ push ups every time and I actually had good form every time!! I was so excited that I could do more and that my form was improving. The people on P90X are doing 20-30 push ups at a time, but 14 was the highest I went yesterday.
But I felt good! And I was pushing myself and doing the most I could do. I am just happy to be improving and challenging myself every week. I could do more pull ups as well.
I don't usually look forward to this work out (I've always felt push ups and pull ups are more of a guy thing), but I felt good last night.
It feels good to complete the work out and to be makeing noticeable progress.
Ab Ripper X is tough!! Billy sometimes yells out "My abs are burning!" During the exercises. It is the hardest 15 min. of abs I've ever done. (And ab work outs used to be my favorite.) But we've gotten better w/ keeping up w/ them. I still love doing abs but it's like Tony Horton says "I hate it, but I love it." It feels good when it's over. haha

No comments: