Billy's Weight Loss Tracker

Teanne's Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My exercise insight

So I was mopping the floors this morning and I had a thought. OK, I DO NOT like cleaning...who does? But I do it b/c I can't stand to live in filth and unorganization/ clutter. So even though I don't like cleaning I do it b/c I feel better when it's done. I feel less stress when the house is clean; it feels, calmer, happier in our home when the house is clean. If the floors are a mess I do not feel good about just letting it go, and if I don't do it that day I feel bad, but once I get it done I feel so good that I've done it even if it wears me out.
Then I had an epiphany (haha) I started comparing it to exercising. Last night we didn't exercise and I didn't feel as good physically or mentally. I felt guilty, and at the end of the night I was wishing I would've just done it.
Also, now when I exercise, I feel really good after I'm done. And mentally, I'm proud of myself that I did it. So it's kind of like cleaning the house; sometimes I'm so tired that I don't want to do it, but once I get it done it is so worth it and I feel so much better.
I need to remember that when I don't feel like exercising (how good I feel once I'm done)
So it's been a little since I've updated. The last two days of last week were legs and back (which is not as hard as plyometrics but still a good work out) and then Kenpo X, which I'm really starting to like! The more I do it the more I like it, b/c there's a lot less "What the heck? How do you do that? What is he doing?" Once I started getting the hang of it, I was like this is actually pretty fun.
One time I was in a boxing pose and I was trying to get the footing down so I wasn't doing much w/ my arms and Billy looks over at me and says "You look like Will doing his chicken dance." I could not stop laughing!!! It was so funny, and then every time I'd get in the stance I'd think of Will doing his chicken dance and start laughing again. haha
This week is recovery week. We were really looking forward to this week b/c we thought it'd be so easy! We saw that there was Yoga (which we orginally thought was going to be easy but soon found out it's not as easy as we thought) so Yoga, and X Stretch. We've never done X Stretch b/c it's always on the 7th day which is either Rest or X Stretch and we always choice rest. Then there's Core Synergitics. This ones new to us but we figured it couldn't be too hard since it's on the recovery week. Yeah! (insert sarcasm here) It kicked our butt. This week is not the easy week we thought it would be. Maybe none of it'll be easy... but it's worth it.
30 day Result pictures coming soon.

No comments: